Lifestyle titles, Features Writer
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Features Writer on Good Housekeeping, Prima and Red to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
On Good Housekeeping, Prima and Red, we pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima writing and originating ideas for features across the three titles. You will already be a features writer looking for the next step in your career. A key challenge of this role
is understanding the differences between the three brands and identifying what readers of each of these magazines want. The role involves being a versatile interviewer and writer who can turn their hand to finding real life case studies, conducting sensitive interviews for emotional reads as well as finding and interviewing experts and business leaders for more practical features and interviewing celebrities as required.
- Work closely with the features team to produce original ideas and ensure a consistently high standard of copy
- Originate, research and write features for use across all three titles within the Lifestyle Group
- Assist Features Editor/ Features Directors and Celebrity Director in writing celebrity pieces across all titles in the Lifestyle Group
- To work on supplements and spin-off print products if asked
- Work closely with pictures and art departments to keep them informed of layout and picture requirements
- Work closely with other departments on features as required
- To contribute in whatever way required to the digital offering
- To attend production and editorial meetings as required
- Maintain and adhere to all content deadlines
- To write and send commissioning forms as required
- To help/attend reader events when required. These may be evening events
- To read and monitor competitive magazines and digital activities within the media to keep abreast of new ideas and trends, and to be aware of the competitive set and developments within your area.
- Proven writing experience
- Experienced in finding case histories and interviewing
- Meticulous and hyper organised with good time management skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to use and act upon own initiative
- Ability to work to a tight deadline and deal with challenges calmly and efficiently
- Must have a strong interest in the subject matter of Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.