Real People, Features Editor
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join Real People as our new Features Director to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be the brand guardian for Real People Features. You will work closely with Executive Editor and the Deputy Editor with an open mind on how we can go forward as a newly created Real Life hub with regards to finding stories and pictures for the brand and come in within budget being aware of the resources at our disposal and restraints within the picture department.
Key duties include
- Help with the forward planning for all main features approved for inclusion and see them through to final page completion, including calling-in of pictures as required, or active collaboration with the picture/art desks.
- Commission and edit relevant features and content from external contributors.
- Pro-actively contribute ideas and concepts for features and be open to changes in the way we work.
- Pro-actively help manage the Features team to embrace new ways of working, mentoring the more junior members to produce effective and accurate content
- Help oversee and deliver the puzzles pages in conjunction with best Features and the Lifestyle Team.
- Ensure copy deadlines are met and commissioned features fall within budget.
You will ideally have some newspaper or magazine print experience as a Feature Deputy or above or show exception skill as a Features Writer. The ability or a willingness to learn about the brand and the similarities and differences from its sister title is essential. You should also have a keen interest and willingness to help develop the magazines social media and web pages and posts.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.