Homes, Ecommerce Editor
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our new Homes Ecommerce Editor to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will join the central Ecommerce content team to lead the growing home and garden shopping verticals across Hearst UK’s trusted brands. You will develop and execute a cross-brand affiliate editorial strategy that fits within the business’s growth plan, increasing Homes output and affiliate revenue, and working with our brand editors and the Hearst Institute to expand the Homes revenue-driving ecosystem.
- Work closely with the Senior Ecommerce Editor to develop and execute a cross-brand Homes content strategy to grow one of the business’s key verticals this year.
- Ideate and create quality ecommerce articles – features, news stories and deals – according to brands’ needs, in the appropriate tone and style, across a variety of home and garden product categories.
- Collaborate with brand digital editors on planning and executing SEO-driven content calendars, pitching ideas for stories to digital leads and also taking commissions, for news, features or deals stories.
- Collaborating with the Hearst Institute Content Manager to maximise home and garden affiliate opportunities across the business and avoid duplication between testing and curated editorial.
- Collaborating with the Affiliates Manager with necessary information to identify key retailers to work with, analyse affiliate network intel and help secure favourable rates with key retailers.
- Working with the SEO Director to ensure an SEO core to the Homes strategy, ensuring we’re prioritising the main keywords for brands.
- Supporting all brands over key shopping events and periods, such as Black Friday, with advanced planning and real-time coverage.
- Tending pieces for brands over the year to keep them optimised and ranking.
- Using analytics and producing monthly reports, including actionable insights.
- Staying on top of market trends and new launches in the homes and gardening world and forging relationships with retailers and PRs.
- First-rate writing and editing skills
- Experience writing editorial ecommerce content for a publisher
- Understanding of affiliate revenue and the importance of ecommerce strategies.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Organised, meticulous and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good working knowledge of SEO best practice.
- Understanding of Hearst’s brands and the digital landscape.
- Experience in using analytics tools to analyse data and implement improvements.
- Some experience managing and developing junior writers and interns.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.