Aceville, Digital Content Writer (Global Franchise)
Global Franchise is the vibrant voice of international franchising, providing high-quality B2B content to an audience composed of franchisors, c-suite execs and high-net-worth-individuals.
We are looking for a talented Digital Content Writer to help us to accelerate our digital growth, creating best-in-class content, increase data capture, and raise user engagement to new levels across the board.
The role will be as varied and diverse as the franchise world itself, which covers a spectrum of sectors including fast food, healthcare, home services, fitness, and more. From writing exclusive news stories to sharpening features, compiling must-read downloadable reports to interviewing key decision makers helming international franchise brands, the ideal candidate will be a versatile content producer with a proven track record of delivering editorial excellence across a range of media.
This is an exciting time to join this growing brand, with a fresh new website soon to launch, and lots of ambitious projects on the horizon.
Working alongside our editorial, commercial and website development teams, this is an exciting opportunity to take an already successful business media brand to the next level.
As Digital Content Writer you will:
• Take ownership of our digital output to hit targets for unique users, page views and monthly inbound data
• Write daily news stories and set the online news agenda
• Develop regular new content that is built around SEO and keyword research, with our users in mind
• Monitor trends and themes impacting the franchise space, and creatively deliver stories that our elite readership wants to read
• Analyse data to cultivate impactful news stories and set the franchising agenda on a global scale
• Analyse the performance of our content and respond to areas of high and low traffic accordingly
• Manage the brand’s social media presence, producing captivating posts that drive engagement
• Help with building the presence and marketing the Global Franchise Awards and a suite of soon-to-launch industry events and campaigns
• Produce superb and highly shareable newsletter content
• Organise value-packed and visually-stunning infographic content
• Support the production of the Global Franchise Podcast and help to expand our video output
• Work with world-renowned brands to create advertorial content, liaising with brands to maintain their digital franchise profiles
• Work with the commercial team to create sponsored content and devise creative briefs
• Source industry experts and fresh voices for eye-opening commentary pieces
• Craft investigative, longread articles
• Improve the SEO of our existing content
• Represent the brand at industry events, some of which may entail international travel
Skills and attributes required:
• A sharp eye for crafting news stories and an appetite to be the first to report on factors impacting the industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of SEO and how to apply this for maximum effect
• Interpersonal skills, self motivation and flexibility
• Obsessive when it comes to content and how it can be impeccably presented to a discerning audience of business leaders
• Creativity and digital editing skills and knowledge and experience of social media
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• An agile worker that thrives on a challenge
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Attention to detail and proofreading skills
• A keen follower of news, especially business and financial
This is not an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties, that may change from time to time to reflect changes in the company’s circumstances.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position, based in our Colchester office. We are open to considering remote working, but there would be a requirement for some monthly attendance at our Colchester offices. We pride ourselves on putting people first. This role is exposed to an incredible array of departments and upskilling opportunities, making progression easy for someone who is motivated to succeed. We'll work with you to develop and progress your career based on what you enjoy. Plus, as part of DC Thomson Media, we offer a competitive package of benefits to support your personal and professional development. This includes a healthcare cash plan, pension scheme and mental health support. When it is permitted and safe to do so, there will be a requirement for some overseas travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
For further information, please visit dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Monday 12th July 2021.