Digital Spy, Deputy Picture Editor
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join Digital Spy as our new Deputy Picture Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will play is a key part of the Digital Spy production desk, responsible for not just maintaining the visual quality of the UK’s biggest entertainment website but also spotting breaking picture stories ahead of the competition to fuel the news cycle across TV, Movies, Soaps and Tech verticals.
- Strong Photoshop skills
- A passion for visuals, video and entertainment
- Sharp news judgement and commitment to breaking visual news stories and progressing existing stories
- Good understanding of copyright law
- Ability to react quickly and find unique visual angles
- Socially-savvy across Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook and emerging social networks
- Ability to generate and translate ideas and concepts into first class visual stories
- Interest in flexible work patterns including early shifts
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.