Cosmopolitan, Junior Writer/Editorial Assistant (6 month FTC)
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join Cosmopolitan as our as our new Junior Writer/Editorial Assistant to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will work as part of the busy Entertainment & Lifestyle team. Day-to-day your role will involve writing news stories for the website, primarily across Entertainment & Lifestyle, as well as weekly SEO content and longer features. You will also contribute to video and social content, as well as writing and adapting copy for the magazine – particularly the Play and Relax sections. You will be key in keeping the entertainment planner up to date, assisting with transcriptions and celebrity interviews, and various other responsibilities.
You’ll also support the entire Cosmopolitan team with essential admin and have the opportunity to contribute to our Features department where required.
- Ideally you have some experience working on a website – writing and uploading using a CMS.
- Experience writing about celebrities, entertainment and lifestyle for a digital platform preferred, but print experience also welcome.
- Experience covering breaking news and award shows, interviewing celebrities and/or attending junkets is desirable but not essential.
- Experience using Google Analytics and other analytics platforms to track trends, digest data and build reports is preferred.
- Experience using PhotoShop or image editing software is desirable but not essential.
- A basic understanding of media law as it relates to image rights, defamation and other key online celebrity journalism considerations is desirable but not essential.
- Experience posting to social media and optimising images and copy as such is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience in any sort of administrative or assistant role is a bonus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Click APPLY NOW