MailOnline, Social Media Assistant
MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 220 million unique monthly visitors globally, is looking for a talented Social Media Assistant to join its industry-leading social team.
- Assist UK Social Media Editor in editing MailOnline social feeds
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media and emerging platforms
- Work closely with reporters and editors from various desks around the newsroom on social media projects and best practices
- Disseminate knowledge of social media, crowdsourcing and reader engagement techniques in the newsroom
- Monitor daily social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- Assist Social Media Editor with coordination of and social interaction during live events
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify trends in social media and news consumption
- Prior experience working with social platforms and crowdsourcing or experience managing social media platforms for a digital media publication
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier Pro is desirable
- Prior newsroom experience is essential
- Demonstrable digital production skills, including an ability to work comfortably within content management systems
- Ability to gather and analyse social media data and analytics
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team.
Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.