Archant, Deputy Editor - shooting titles
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Editor to join our market-leading multi-media shooting portfolio, which covers game, clay and rifle shooting in print and digital formats.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and hard-working, with a flair for writing and an interest in fieldsports and the countryside.
This varied role will involve writing news and features for the magazines and websites, liaising with contributors, and processing their copy. Other tasks will include contributing to our social media channels and overseeing essential administrative tasks. There will also be opportunities to get involved with our new YouTube channel, Shooting & Country TV.
Working as part of a small, friendly team, you will assist with page proofing and maintaining the magazines’ high editorial standards.
The role also offers the opportunity to attend events - such as game fairs, field, and press trips - and generally immerse yourself in all things shooting!
This is a full-time role, nicely split between home and the office in Winnersh, Berkshire, with fantastic opportunities for career progression.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- A passion/interest in game/clay shooting and the countryside
- A-level education or higher, preferably with a journalism/writing qualification
- Experience of writing for a magazine, newspaper, website or blog - either through work or education/pleasure.
- The ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously while remaining calm under pressure
- You should be a team player with excellent communication skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary paying up to £24,000, depending on experience
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free life assurance
- Pension 5% matched contribution
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- One volunteer day per annum
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a cover email explaining why you feel this opportunity is perfect for you.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.