Hearst UK, Deputy Editor - Best (Weeklies Hub)
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join our Weeklies Hub as our new Deputy Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
We are looking for an all-rounder who can oversee the day-to-day workflow and editing of pages and oversee best magazine in the absence of the Group Editor Director; and be willing to contribute ideas and work across Inside Soap, Best and Real People when required.
Key Duties include:
- Oversee layouts, appearance and content on the Editor-in-Chief’s title and spin offs, predominantly for features, and deputise in their absence.
- Help maintain a clear difference in content and tone for best.
- Ensure the brand meets its repurposing target and come in within or below budget.
- Together with the Group Editorial Director and the Executive Editor Real People you will help shape features content across the Weeklies hub.
- Help ensure all features staff are trained on the tools available for content sharing and repurposing and that brand targets are hit in this regard.
- Ensure features are topical, engaging and accurate with clear signposting between platforms and other Hearst brands.
- Understand and comply with media law
- Collaborate with the Group Editorial Director on all commercial opportunities and engage editorial where necessary.
- A proven track record as an experience deputy or be a senior member of a successful editorial team ideally with experience on a weekly title
- A can-do attitude and flexible in regard to features content, ensuring a smooth operation across the brands.
- Excellent communication skills, able to oversee and motivate the features hub
- Budget management experience
- Excellent technical and Censhare skills and be able or willing to learn how to repurpose content from all brands to meet newly set repurposing targets
- Experience or willingness to be engaged in digital content strategy
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.