Mergermarket, M&A Reporter - Paris
Mergermarket is currently looking for a highly motivated M&A reporter for our Paris Bureau.
The successful candidate will join our global network of over 500 Acuris dedicated journalists working within a fast-paced team writing scoops on forward-looking corporate M&A strategy, mainly in France, by providing original stories, breaking news & analysis in a fast-paced market
You will be trusted to:
- Talk to CEOs, CFOs bankers, lawyers and industry contacts, reporting what they learn to Mergermarket subscribers
- Attend key conferences, trade fairs and relevant industry events in order to conduct side-line exclusive interviews
- Work both independently and in collaboration with the wider team of reporters in both France and EMEA
- Take part in France team meetings which include liaison with other reporters and stakeholders - especially on leads, trends and events
- Collaborate with our sister products, especially Dealreporter which is integrated with Mergermarket editorial, as well as other Acuris products including Parr, Debtwire and Inframation Group where appropriate
- Produce a steady flow of copy under tight deadlines, writing at least 18 articles of the above per month
Skills & Requirements:
- Should have excellent English and French speaking and writing skills,
- Able to bring good reporting experience from another financial news service, newspaper or online publication to the table.
- Well driven and tenacious
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willing to travel to key events in the region and be eligible to work in France.
The post will be located in our friendly Paris office but with flexible opportunities to work from home, with frequent all-expenses paid opportunities to visit our London and other offices. You will be provided with the training and support needed as well as a competitive, negotiable salary and good promotional opportunities within the Editorial team and the wider Acuris suite of products.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.