Mergermarket, Industrial & Chemicals Reporter
Mergermarket is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector, providing proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy before that strategy becomes public knowledge. Our network of M&A Journalists and Analysts talk to CEOs, CFO’s and industry contacts, reporting what they learn to Mergermarket subscribers. Together with our specialised analysis and data, this creates an indispensable resource for M&A professionals.
We are currently looking for a Reporter to report on Industrials & Chemicals M&A activity in London. The successful candidate will join our global network of over 500 Acuris dedicated journalists, You’ll work within a fast-paced team writing scoops on significant deals involving listed and private targets across Europe and providing breaking news & analysis throughout the deal life cycle. Our coverage spans from highlighting a potential transaction through to scooping the deal details and analysing reviews by competition authorities.
- Produce exclusive articles and breaking news throughout the Industrials & Chemicals sectors, by interviewing decision makers, CEOs’, bankers, lawyers and other sources
- Attend key conferences, trade fairs and relevant industry events in order to conduct sideline exclusive interviews
- Work independently and in collaboration with M&A and fixed income-focused colleagues and the wider team of reporters in EMEA
- Working closely with editorial capabilities across the group to deliver actionable, data-led human insights to user personas as varied as coverage bankers, corporate executives, debt investors, infrastructure advisors and funds, etc.
- Produce a steady flow of copy under tight deadlines
- Write 15-20 articles per month.
Skills & Requirements:
- Should have excellent English speaking and writing skills, with fluency in another major European language a bonus.
- Able to bring substantial reporting experience and a bulging source book from another financial news service, newspaper or online publication to the table.
- Well driven and tenacious
- Able to work both on own initiative and collaboratively
- Willing to travel to key events in the region and be eligible to work in the UK
The role will be located in our friendly London office with flexible work from home opportunities. You will be provided with the training and support needed as well as a competitive, negotiable salary and good promotional opportunities within the Editorial team and the wider Acuris suite of products.
Mergermarket is an Acuris product within the ION Analytics division. We are a media company providing the advisory, corporate and financial communities with forward-looking intelligence, analysis and data that you simply can't get anywhere else. Mergermarket was founded in 2000 and our team of over 500 specialist journalists and analysts in 67 locations around the world sets us apart, producing unparalleled proprietary intelligence and in-depth analysis for our subscribers. Many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates subscribe to our products to spot new business opportunities, increase their revenues and keep several steps ahead of the competition.
Dealreporter’s outstanding news and data covers Mergers and Acquisitions, Special Situations and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) in real time. Our coverage is global, with journalists and editorial analysts across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.