Acuris, Nordics Reporter
- Full Time
Acuris' Editorial division is seeking a hungry, seasoned investigative reporter to join its newsroom, focusing on M&A, debt financing and equity capital markets transactions across the Nordics.
If you have a passion for news and want to further your ambitions in financial journalism, we are eager to hear from you.
As part of an elite team of reporters, you will enjoy the thrill of chasing a scoop on a sale process, conduct an exclusive blue-chip CEO interview, or apply your creative writing skills in a thought leadership column or thematic, data-driven feature.
You will have the opportunity to develop a broad network of market sources in the Nordics, including M&A and ECM bankers, sponsors, and corporates. This will involve having source meetings, participating in conferences and trade fairs, and travelling across the region on occasion.
The successful candidate can be based in Stockholm, Helsinki or London.
- You will be a proactive reporter, seeking off-diary leads and exclusive stories by interviewing the top decision makers at Nordic companies
- You will uncover key M&A and ECM events, flagging potential transactions ahead of the competition
- You will follow and report on live deals, chasing the latest updates on auction and IPO processes and reporting on the behind the scenes
- You will develop and maintain a close relationship with the market’s top practitioners
- You will be comfortable writing succinct copy in a timely manner
- You will use data to identify key trends and drivers of activity and report on them in a creative and engaging way
- You will attend online and in-person industry events to conduct exclusive interviews and build on your sourcing network
Remuneration will reflect the applicant’s level of experience.
- Proficient written and verbal English skills
- Fluency in a Nordic language is a must
- Reporting experience from another newswire, paper, or online publication
- Self-starter and tenacious spirit, proactive in finding and building on leads
- Team player, who can work collaboratively with a team of specialist analysts and reporters
- Driven and investigative mind that can translate complex topics into digested and straightforward content
- Networking and contact building skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
Nice to have:
- Existing contact book is desirable
- Financial reporting experience
- M&A, ECM or debt financing knowledge
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.
About ION Analytics and Acuris
Acuris, an ION Analytics company, is home to Mergermarket, Dealreporter and Debtwire – the leading news and intelligence providers in M&A and corporate finance covering private and public markets.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We are trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely on our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we are a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You will find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.