Mergermarket & Unquote, Private Equity Reporter - EMEA
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a Reporter to report on Private Equity fundraising, trends and dealmaking across Europe. The successful candidate will join our global network of over 500 Acuris dedicated journalists, You’ll work within a fast-paced team writing scoops on GP fundraising, industry-defining people moves and breaking news & analysis throughout the private equity-related deal life cycle. Our coverage spans from exclusives around a new fund through to scooping sponsor exit deal details and features on capital allocation trends. Your reporting will be published to hundreds of thousands of Mergermarket subscribers, with our fundraising content hosted by leading industry publication Unquote.
ION Analytics is the leading provider of nose-to-tail capital markets data and intelligence, with Acuris its editorial umbrella. Mergermarket, part of Acuris, is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector, providing proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy before that strategy becomes public knowledge. Unquote is Europe’s leading publication on the private equity fund lifecycle, industry trends and data analysis.
- Produce exclusive articles and breaking news throughout the European private equity universe by interviewing portfolio managers, CEOs, bankers, lawyers and other sources
- Attend key conferences and relevant industry events in order to conduct sideline exclusive interviews
- Work independently and in collaboration with GP-focused, M&A and fixed income-focused colleagues and the wider team of reporters in EMEA
- Working closely with editorial capabilities across the group to deliver actionable, data-led human insights to user personas as varied as portfolio managers, coverage bankers, corporate executives, debt investors, infrastructure advisors, etc.
- Produce a steady flow of copy under tight deadlines
- Write 15-20 articles per month.
Skills & Requirements:
- Should have excellent English speaking and writing skills, with fluency in another major European language a bonus.
- Able to bring substantial reporting experience and a bulging source book from another financial news service, newspaper or online publication to the table.
- Well driven and tenacious
- Able to work both on own initiative and collaboratively
- Willing to travel to key events in the region and be eligible to work in the UK
The role will be located in our friendly London office with flexible work from home opportunities. You will be provided with the training and support needed as well as a competitive, negotiable salary and good promotional opportunities within the Editorial team and the wider Acuris suite of products.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.