Cosmopolitan, Features Editor
- Full Time
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join Cosmopolitan as our new Features Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this digital-first role you will create industry-leading long-read content for Cosmopolitan UK’s platforms, across the website, print, social and video. As well as overseeing the daily news output across the News & Politics and Health verticals, you will be responsible for producing uniquely Cosmopolitan ideas. This includes digging deeper into current affairs to find original angles that moves the news on, whether it be original quotes and interviews, expert explainers or insightful opinion pieces that inform our readers and drive traffic. You will also be responsible for commissioning high-quality content and editing copy so it remains on-brand and always meets our editorial standards.
- You will have some experience in a Features role at a large media brand and experience working in digital media, with an understanding of SEO and analytics.
- Up-to-date on current affairs and trends in the women’s interest sector, whether they be political, Royal, lifestyle, real-life or health.
- Experience commissioning, from writing briefs, to editing and managing a budget, is essential.
- Experience extrapolating written features ideas out into wider projects, campaigns and multi-platform, multimedia initiatives is essential.
- Thorough fact-checking and risk assessment skills, and a strong understanding of media law and how it applies to our content, is essential.
- Experience undertaking hard-hitting, investigative and under-cover journalism is desirable, but a willingness to learn is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.