EGR Global, Senior Reporter
EGR Global (eGaming Review) is the world’s leading B2B publisher and membership networking group for the global online gambling industry, featuring consistent exclusive news, interviews, and comment from the most influential people in the sector.
EGR, part of Pageant Gaming Media, is seeking a talented and enthusiastic senior reporter to help drive its market-leading coverage of the global online gambling industry across both sports betting and igaming.
UK-based, the role will involve breaking exclusive news stories, feature writing and building up a large contact book of sources in one of the leisure sector’s most dynamic and interesting industries. The role can consist of a mixture of remote working along with travelling to events and internal and external meetings in London, as well as the wider UK where necessary.
The successful candidate will join a team of six journalists and will primarily work on growing our EGR Intel and EGR Compliance titles, as well as taking a leading role in driving EGR’s expansion into emerging markets and new audiences. Stories could include anything from new regulations and mergers and acquisitions to C-level personnel changes and new product launches.
EGR also hosts a number of events throughout the year in the UK, US, Spain, Malta and Eastern Europe, so there will be plenty of opportunities in the future for international travel.
- Write daily online news articles and break exclusive stories
- Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
- Write features for our website and monthly magazine based on in-depth research of some of the key issues impacting the industry
- Regularly interview and profile senior industry executives at some of the world’s biggest gambling brands
- Work as part of the EGR news desk to help ensure all online and print deadlines are met
- Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the online gambling sector
- Represent the EGR brand at a range of events, conferences and summits around the world
- Proven journalism experience, preferably with another B2B publication or in a reporter role
- Excellent reporting skills and ability to write engaging copy
- A journalism degree and/or NCTJ qualification is preferable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- An interest in and knowledge of online gambling would be advantageous but not essential
- A proven track record of breaking original news stories with the drive and determination to go above and beyond relying on press releases
- Generous leave allowance
- Birthday off
- Life insurance
- Contributory pension
- Discount gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Charity days and charity fundraising contribution
- Monthly social events
- Employee assistance program
- Friendly experienced team
- Flexible working
- Diversity and inclusion networks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.