SparkSpread, Reporter - Power & Energy EMEA
7 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to the SparkSpread Deputy Editorial Manager in London. The role involves coverage of EMEA power & energy infrastructure projects for SparkSpread, as well as cooperation and collaboration with other Acuris Group products.
The Reporter’s main responsibility will be to source and write off diary stories on the power & energy infrastructure finance market in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. They will also be expected to contribute to wider areas of SparkSpread coverage, such as corporate finance, cleantech markets and oil & gas exploration.
The role requires high attention to detail and a proactive approach to sourcing stories by building relationships with lenders, law firms, financial advisors, developers, investors, procurement authorities and government ministries, as well as scanning official documents and websites.
The Reporter will work with analysts in the Inframation Deals team to ensure that the databases are up to date and that the team is tracking upcoming power & energy infrastructure projects accurately and effectively. The Reporter covers important deal milestones across the transaction’s life up to financial close, detailing the financing and structuring aspects of the projects.
Finally, the Reporter will also be expected to generate longer-form articles on the latest power & energy trends, making regular suggestions to the SparkSpread EMEA Deputy Editor and Global Features Editor on potential analysis pieces, such as investor interviews and energy outlooks.
Duties will involve:
- Daily contact with lenders, law firms, financial advisors, developers, investors, procurement authorities and government ministries, as well as scanning official documents and websites.
- Generating exclusive news and on-diary announcements unless has already aggregated.
- Building up knowledge of energy & power infrastructure through reporting and observing market trends, which can be utilised to write longer-form pieces.
- Writing a well-researched analysis piece at least once a month.
- Liaising with other Acuris products when newsgathering to collaborate where necessary and avoid duplications.
- Attending regular meetings with contacts and conferences across the EMEA region, with a primary focus on events in western and southern Europe.