Ignites Europe, Reporter
7 days left
- Full Time
Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Ignites Europe, the must-read daily news service for the European fund management market, is seeking a first-class reporter to join its eight-strong editorial team.
Our readership has grown to some 29,000 paying subscribers and we now need a bright, talented and enthusiastic reporter to enable us to continue to provide strong, original and must-have content for our readers.
- Research and write four/five exclusive articles per week, meeting daily deadlines
- Generate detailed original story ideas to be developed with the managing editor
- Build and cultivate an extensive network of sources with an emphasis on phone interviews, meetings, and frequent European travel
- Conduct video interviews and coordinate our host panel discussions.
Required Skills / Experience
- Extensive journalism experience to include news reporting
- Demonstrated success in developing original story ideas and source development
- Proven ability to meet daily deadlines
- Fluency in one of the following languages: French, German or Italian. This is desired, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the investment management industry is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities.
Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.