Deadline: International TV Editor
Deadline: International TV Editor
Deadline is looking for an ambitious journalist to cover the television and the streaming businesses in the U.K and beyond.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a London or Western Europe-based journalist to join the film and TV industry's leading news publication with unrivalled access and a growing platform. Deadline is a fast-paced, exciting, and varied news environment, where you will be working alongside the best in their fields.
We are seeking a self-starting story-getter, with a strong nose for a scoop and a contacts book bulging with the biggest names in the British and international entertainment industry.
You will have an intimate understanding of the television business, its top decision-makers, and the new players disrupting the market. You will also have an ear to the ground on the hottest new TV projects coming out of the international market and the wherewithal to write about them first.
The successful candidate will have a burning desire to beat the competition, bringing home the biggest stories, interviews, and analysis on a regular basis. You will also be expected to move quickly on breaking news, getting stories up on the website minutes after they break.
- Break impactful news on a weekly basis
- Have an eye for stories that will generate buzz and traffic
- Secure big interviews with both on- and off-screen stars
- Be fast and first to breaking news
- Contribute every week to Deadline's International Insider newsletter
- Travel to industry events in Europe and the U.S.
- Be across industry trends and issues, including diversity and the MeToo movement
- Be armed with ideas for new and impactful projects
- Proven track record of exclusive news stories and features
- Impeccable connections at international broadcasters, producers, and streamers
- A good understanding of optimizing news for search and social media
- Be self-motivated, but also work as part of a growing international team of dynamic reporters and editors
- Strong networking skills
Deadline Hollywood is an authoritative source for breaking news in the entertainment industry, regularly included on lists of top entertainment websites. Influential industry thought leaders and key decision-makers in the entertainment, financial and other business fields track Deadline.com for the latest news multiple times a day. Due to its avid audience, Deadline.com’s postings regularly receive more reader comments than all entertainment industry news sites combined. Deadline’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, Vibe, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation and its iconic brands, please visit www.pmc.com.