PA Media Group, Senior Real Life Features Writer
Do you want to use your knowledge and experience to source brilliant exclusive real-life stories that will drive traffic to the biggest websites all over the world and sparkle in a newspaper, magazine or on TV?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced journalist, who is brimming with original ideas to join the Real-Life Features team at PA Media Group – a department that only produces exclusive stories.
As a Real-Life Senior Features Writer at PA Media Group, you’ll join a team where every day is exciting and have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing …
- Sourcing and producing at least three exclusive stories each week for our online service, together with pictures and, in some cases, accompanying video
- Generating a stream of outstanding exclusive stories for national print publications and TV
- Building stories on our PA Explore platform, accompanied by powerful headlines, for our customers to view and download directly
- Producing legally sound, entertaining copy in house style for a variety of media outlets
- Stepping up to assist others in the team as required, to help cover annual leave and absences
What you’ll need …
- Confidence and drive to make great contacts land the very best real-life exclusives
- Brilliant interview skills to find the very best lines in every story
- Great telephone manner, so people want to talk to you exclusively over and above other journalists
- Extensive knowledge of the real life market and what people want to read – ranging from love rats, to heartbreaking crime and health stories.
- Detailed knowledge of legal issues, particularly relating to real-life stories
- Great writing style and ability to produce clean, accurate, legally sound copy to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Do you have …?
- Experience working at a smaller news agency, large regional or national newspaper or a real life magazine?
- A proven track-record in landing exclusive stories spectacular enough to sell to the national and international media?
- Sound knowledge of media law and strong writing skills with the ability to turn around compelling and accurate articles for individual publications and websites?
- The ability to build strong relationships with commissioning editors, charities, PRs and regional reporters to source exclusive stories?
What you can expect in return …
In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive basic salary and the opportunity to work in an exciting industry working with some of the biggest names in media. We recognise your contribution to our continued success with an attractive benefits package which includes a company pension scheme.
The role will be primarily based from our headquarters in Paddington but will offer some flexibility to work remotely.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. We will aim to update you on the status of your application as soon as possible and successful applicants will be invited to a MS Teams interview.