Mortgage Strategy/Mortgage Finance Gazette, Reporter
About us: emap is a progressive content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data, and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
About the role: A news hound, you will be expected to seek out quality stories ahead of the competition, developing a strong understanding of market issues and articulating these across a variety of formats. Driving interest to the brands’ websites and print title. Working with the editor and deputy editor, you will be proactive in coming up with new content ideas that make the publication stand out. Establishing contacts within the mortgage market and get to know the issues that matter most to Mortgage Strategy and Mortgage Finance Gazette’s audiences.
About you: Passionate about journalism, you will have NCTJ or master’s degree in journalism or equivalent. A General interest in financial news is highly desirable and shorthand advantageous. With a Talent for writing timely, accurate news copy. You will have the ability to generate leads and have exceptional interviewing and questioning skills
- Maintaining a strong network of contacts to break exclusive news stories.
- Respond quickly and accurately to rolling news stories.
- Conduct longer-form analyses and comment pieces on the market.
- Produce market-leading content across all formats.
- Be an ideas generator, constantly looking forward to what would resonate best with our audiences.
- Develop advanced news gathering skills like public records searches and legal requests for documents.
- Represent our brands in the market and develop a personal brand that improves the title’s exposure.
Benefits: emap is part of the Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter with notice and salary expectations. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.