Live Team, Editor
Are you a sharp news editor with a passion for breaking the news first? We’re looking for a highly-skilled digital journalist to drive our new Live team across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Our first ever Live Editor will be responsible for managing a dedicated team of Live Reporters from our Norwich office, tasked with responding fast to breaking news and writing high-performing, optimised content.
You will have an in-depth understanding of analytics and audience data and will be confident in organising the team efficiently to maximise reach.
The new Live team will take your lead in working to a data-driven content plan which covers everything from the latest traffic and travel updates to food and drink and property content.
You can expect a fast-paced environment where no day is the same. The Live Team’s output is heavily influenced by the news agenda, and a flexible approach will be paramount as priorities can quickly change.
You will be based full-time in our busy newsroom in the centre of Norwich.
- Ensure the team is on top of all breaking news across Norfolk and Suffolk and abreast of trending and evergreen topics.
- Champion the importance of digital best practice and ensure it is followed robustly.
- Edit and approve copy ensuring it has been optimised for search and social audiences prior to publication.
- Manage the Live Team rota and ensure key times and planned events are suitably covered.
- Develop relationships with all editorial teams and work closely with the Audience team to continually improve strategy.
- Establish and nurture community contacts to ensure you get called first for all breaking stories and the latest information on major stories in the region.
- Ensures all content sits within IPSO and legal regulations, and that is fair and balanced, and non-sensationalist.
- Experience within a newsroom is essential.
- Demonstrable digital journalism experience.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other senior managers and the wider content team.
- Confident approach to building relationships with teams across the business and in the wider community.
- A proactive and enthusiastic mindset.
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary of up to £40,000 dependant on experience
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Please send your CV as soon as possible and we will contact you very shortly if we are interested in progressing your application to the next stage.
We reserve the right to remove this vacancy once we feel we have enough candidates to interview.