Ground Engineering, Senior Reporter
About us: Ground Engineering magazine was launched in 1968 and has gained a reputation as the must-read B2B publication for the geotechnical industry.
It publishes news on the latest contract awards and project updates, in-depth reports on the industry’s hottest topics, technical features, and peer-reviewed papers. Supported by the British Geotechnical Association, engineers worldwide rely on Ground Engineering for its comprehensive information, analysis, and expert opinion.
About you: You are a skilled journalist, with experience writing for both print and web. As a solid writer, you will have meticulous grammar and fact-checking skills. We expect you to be able to multitask and keep on top of print and online publishing deadlines, in-house and external event calendars, and related administrative tasks. Familiarity with using analytics to improve performance of digital content and knowledge of the engineering or construction sector would be advantageous but not essential.
About the role: As a Reporter, you will support the Editor with a wide variety of editorial tasks across digital, print, and social media channels. You will need a good nose for newsworthy stories that are relevant to our readers. It is a niche sector, but we cover some of the big news items of the day, from HS2 progress to the effects of climate change.
You will be expected to quickly develop an understanding of the sector and establish a network of contacts, while keeping our readership’s needs and interests front of mind.
- Sourcing and writing relevant news stories and producing the daily newsletter.
- Assisting the editor with print issue production and online publishing.
- Researching and producing compelling and timely features, interviews, and site reports.
- Delivering commercial projects, which could include webinars, roundtables, whitepapers, or partnership publishing.
- Representing the brand at in-house and industry events.
- Maintaining a solid awareness of industry developments.
- Liaising with Sales, Marketing and Events teams to support their objectives.
Benefits: emap is part of the Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Click APPLY NOW and send your CV and a covering letter including your salary expectations and notice. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage; however, if you are successfully shortlisted, you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.