Snoop, Lead Finance Writer
Our client is the money-saving app Snoop, whose only goal is to help everyone spend, save and live smarter. Snoop is being built in London and Norwich and launched in April 2020.
The team are looking for a passionate and driven lead writer to join the marketing department. You’ll be responsible for keeping the Snoop ‘feed’ full to the brim of relevant features, deals and insights to help their users save money where it matters to them.
• Write and edit daily/weekly content, including:
- Personalised insights
- Discounts and deals
- Personal finance features on topics such as mortgages, life insurance and energy
• Ensure all copy is in keeping with tone of voice and house style
- Keep evergreen content up to date – factually accurate and relevant
- Check the best rates and offers in the market across different products
• Stay up to date with personal finance news, regulation and trends
- Ability to understand what’s relevant for their users
• Use data and insight to help develop content
- Look for new content ideas based on transaction analysis
- Review the performance of the Snoop feed to understand what users like/dislike
• Research relevant news and money-saving content
• Help shape Snoop’s wider content strategy and develop multi-media channels to showcase content
- Diligent and meticulous nature
- Strong grasp of numbers and data
- Keen eye for a money-saving story
- Comfortable working with a CMS
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
A minimum of five years’ relevant experience – either copywriting and journalism experience within personal finance, or a background in finance and a career switch to journalism. The two must-haves are knowledge of personal finance and experience in multi-channel content creation.
To apply, please send a CV with a cover letter.
Due to high volumes of applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted