Reuters, Senior Manager - Commercial Policy (maternity cover)
Reuters News Agency is seeking an experienced, results orientated Senior Manager, Commercial Policy to drive our efforts to grow our revenue base while adapting our commercial propositions to a changing media landscape.
The Senior Manager will lead pricing modelling in order to improve current pricing structures based on price realization data. With two direct reports, the Senior Manager will take ownership of a variety of commercial policy projects and will be responsible for our annual price increase strategy. The role is on a one-year-contract maternity cover basis.
The scope and impact of this role is truly global. The position requires a highly analytical thinker with a good understanding of the media industry and how changes in consumption patterns are affecting media organizations around the world. Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a wide variety of roles and regions are critical to success.
About the Role
As our Senior Manager, Commercial Policy, you will:
- Lead modeling exercises to build and optimize pricing models for the full suite of Reuters News Agency products
- Manage quarterly price realization studies to identify trends in the market and our customer base
- Lead the annual price increase strategy
- Collaborate with product managers in order to build commercial strategies and viable business models for new product offerings
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to ensure the successful launch of new commercial models
- Collaborate with the business operations team to ensure that the commercial policy is appropriately reflected in our internal systems, including Salesforce and Callidous Cloud
- Manage a direct report who will assist in modeling and reporting activities
To be our Senior Manager, Commercial Policy, you will likely have:
- Proven experience of commercial policy, finance or proposition management
- Understanding of business-to-business and business-to-consumer pricing models and strategies, including digital pricing
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Experience building pricing models
- Great problem-solving skills
- Good PowerPoint presentation skills
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM system
- Experience interacting with customers in a B2B environment
- Bachelors (or equivalent) with a concentration in Business, Finance or Economics
- Master's degree in Business, Finance or Economics - advantageous
What's in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching with an intensive training package. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days and a wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories.
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time.