The Crown & Co, Editor (business, finance, markets) - online and print
3 days left
- Full Time
Salary: £36.5K based on experience
Contract: Full time
We’re a content marketing agency based in London, we are in search of an accomplished editor to join the team to manage and edit content for a client in the financial trading sector.
What You'll Be Doing
As the editor, you’ll be in charge of the delivery of editorial content for our client's website, email newsletter and print magazine. You’ll be pitching news articles covering the financial markets, along with editing content, budgeting, managing timescales, and then overseeing a small team of in-house and freelance copywriters.
Who You Are
You are an experienced editor with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, energetic and curious.
As a seasoned editor, you will already have proven experience swiftly coming up with new story ideas that reflect the latest movements in the market, commissioning writers, and editing copy under pressure. With a background in digital publishing, you will have a strong understanding of the nuances of publishing via different platforms and how best to tailor content to suit different channels. You will also demonstrate sensitivity toward client engagement. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a news publishing environment.
- Commission and edit articles for both online and print channels
- Ensure articles are written to the brief, with the client’s audience in mind, and to the deadline
- Work with the client to improve the quality of articles
- Work with writers to improve the quality of written work
- Project contact for clients and contributors
- Provide editing support on print output and work for other clients
- Familiar with all aspects of print and digital editorial publishing – knowledge of social media publishing would be advantageous.
- Excellent business news writing skills and a good understanding of financial markets and funds.
- Strong editing skills, able to shape raw copy into a punchy news story that fits the clients' requirements.
- Strong time management and the ability to work efficiently and to a high standard under pressure.
- Pragmatic and positive approach to problem-solving, and a good understanding of the client relationship in customer publishing.
- Excellent communicator with strong people management for all levels.
How to Apply
For further consideration, click APPLY NOW and please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you think you would be right for this position and salary expectations.