Dezeen, Features editor
Dezeen is looking for an experienced and creative architecture and design writer to join its team as features editor in London.
Dezeen is the world’s most influential online architecture, design and interiors magazine, with three million readers a month.
We are looking for a talented journalist with editing experience to write and manage features on Dezeen.
Responsibilities will include:
- researching, writing and assembling agenda-setting architecture and design features
- commissioning and editing features by in-house staff and freelance writers
- editing and assembling other stories for publication on Dezeen
- identifying and co-ordinating editorial coverage of hot topics and trends
- devising and delivering agenda-setting editorial initiatives and special projects
- ensuring our features content is of the highest quality and adheres to Dezeen’s editorial policies
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate meticulous editing and writing skills and extensive experience of commissioning and editing agenda-setting content.
They must also be proactive, imaginative and have a proven track record of coming up with and delivering strong editorial ideas that will help Dezeen in its mission to set the global agenda for architecture and design. They should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, news-driven environment.
Experience of writing and editing online content is highly desirable, as is knowledge of SEO and analytics tools.
The position is based at Dezeen’s office in Hoxton, London, UK. However, due to the current coronavirus pandemic, the role will initially require a significant amount of remote working. We anticipate staff will be required to come into the office one day a week for the immediate future.
We would also be willing to consider permanent remote working for the right candidate.
To apply, please send your CV, writing samples and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role.
Dezeen is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.