Motion Graphics Producer
Newsweek is looking to recruit an experienced and adaptable full-time Motion Graphics Producer to join our growing video team.
The Motion Graphics producer will animate graphics and infographics for informative, digital short-form and long-form videos in post production that work across articles on Newsweek.com and social media platforms as well as support the video team in a variety of other projects, small and large. If you are the ideal candidate, then you are also well-versed in world politics and social issues, trending news and more. You are familiar with all aspects of production, from finding stories and writing/editing scripts to animating, editing footage and promoting content over social media.
You will be able to work collaboratively with not only other producers on the video team, but lend support to editors, reporters and others across the whole newsroom, as well as be comfortable working on multiple editing projects of different levels of complexity and add to the “look and feel” of Newsweek video.
What you will be doing:
- Support the video team in editing, designing, researching and producing content for Newsweek.com
- Manage daily graphics projects, which can range from providing graphics for fellow producers and reporter, producing an animated cover for the magazine or creating a new video template
- Produce and edit video news packages for Newsweek.com and social media using Adobe Creative Cloud After Effects, Premiere and other programs
- React to breaking news stories as and when they happen
- Creatively pitch new ideas and chase stories of interest
- Provide guidance to fellow producers and journalists on how to incorporate animations and infographics into our own work
- Write scripts to go with videos produced
- Upload videos on to our YouTube channel and send video content to social media
What you need to have:
- An up-to-date graphics portfolio
- Experience producing graphics, animated content for a digital publication and social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter
- Proficient skills with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with different teams in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment
- Proven creative and digital storytelling and technical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, often and adapt and learn quickly
- Ability to stay focused in a team setting and manage time while working independently and efficiently
- Self starter and eagerness to contribute new ideas and learn new things
- Knowledge of video formats for web and social media
- Interest and experience in a variety of topics, such as politics, technology, pop culture, science and entertainment
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early morning, nights or weekends, if requested
- Plus: Cinema 4D
Please forward resume, cover letter and reel or links to any available video work with notes on your role in each of them. Thank you.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office or from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.