i, Social Media Editor
Location: DMGT Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Editor to manage and grow its social media accounts and lead its social output across all platforms.
We are looking for a self-motivated Social Media Editor who knows how to sell a story on social platforms, can spot breaking news and has thorough attention to detail when posting to social channels. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a newsroom and has a keen interest in politics and current affairs, as well an appreciation of the media landscape.
As the newsroom’s social media specialist, you will have knowledge and experience in every major social platform and will stay on top of the latest trends and conversations. You will understand the importance of emerging platforms and use these trends to formulate the social media strategy at i. You will be passionate about digital journalism and have an incredibly sharp news sense for what works as an online story. You will have the creativity and confidence to repurpose i's written journalism into engaging content for our social platforms. You will understand the importance of posting breaking news in a swift and timely manner and do so, as with all social posting, with care and attention to detail. You will work closely with other members of the Audience Team to support the newsroom’s wider digital publishing strategy.
- Post and schedule stories on all major social media platforms.
- Repurpose written content from print and online into innovative and creative posts for social platforms.
- Devise strategies to grow our social audiences, especially focused on loyal and returning readers.
- Write social posts quickly and accurately.
- Write strong and punchy social headlines when requested.
- Work with reporters pre- and post-publication so stories are optimised to reach the widest readership.
- Advise on best practices for journalists in sourcing stories from social media
- Confidently and concisely give feedback to department editors about performance data from social media posts
- Support the production and development of social video at i
- Good knowledge of media law and the Editors’ Code of Practice
- Commitment to i's editorial standards of impartial and incisive coverage. Appreciation for i’s audience and tone, and how to write stories that will appeal to our readers
- Write weekly and monthly reports on social media performance
- Build and maintain relationships between i and companies such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Experience of creating engaging social posts and managing social accounts
- A proven track record of building communities and audiences online
- Experience working in a digital breaking news environment
- An enquiring and creative mind to help i's journalism reach new audiences
- Confident with CMS and digital production
- Experience using scheduling platforms such as Echobox or Socialflow
- Experience using Photoshop or similar
- Impeccable time-management and forward-planning skills
- NCTJ (or similar) standard qualification
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.
Please click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.