Morning Advertiser, Associate Features Editor
The Associate Features Editor reports into the Editor, with responsibility for running features and longer form content on a day-to-day basis. Ensuring that features and longer form content is delivered online, working with the commercial team to assist with commercial and native projects, the associate features editor will continue to drive the agenda for analysis within the MA brand and ensure quality of delivery for both features and analysis, alongside native and commercial content, is of the highest standard.
Reporting to the editor, the associate features editor is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of The MA brands with regard to feature, analysis and longer form content, helping to not only deliver the content, working with other members of the team, but also setting the agenda for content moving forward, working on leading edge features and analysis to engage with the MA audience.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and brand positioning of The MA through the delivery of sector leading feature and analysis content.
- Deliver, write and manage the feature and analysis content for the MA’s brands, contributing original ideas that set the agenda for the wider hospitality industry.
- Work with commercial colleagues and partners to ensure successful delivery of native content, helping to manage the process and protect the MA’s editorial integrity.
- Responding creatively to clients briefs to ensure content works for both them and our audience.
- To commission and manage freelance contributors to the MA on a feature basis
- To manage, recruit and commission regular opinion piece contributors to the MA.
- Working with the wider editorial team to ensure the brand continues to deliver multimedia content, for example, longer form video pieces.
- Represent the title externally as well as internally attending industry events where required.
- Work within the wider team to contribute to events where necessary – content ideas, judging responsibilities etc.
- Setting the annual plan and agenda for key features which are key for commercial and editorial strategy e.g. Drinks List – helping to create tent poles in the year which we become known for.
- Mentor junior members of the team to help them develop and grow their skills into the MA team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong features and other long-form writing, commissioning and editing experience
- Strong numeracy skills and ideally B2B journalism experience
- The ability to quickly identify and prioritise key information from a wide and potentially conflicting range of sources in a cogent and compelling way
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ambition and the desire to succeed and progress
- The ability to engage and network with senior level contacts
- A range of digital, multimedia and social media skills
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
We’re all working remotely right now, but there’s scope for flexible working arrangements to continue. The head office is based near Crawley, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 mins from Gatwick and its connections to London and the world.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please click APPLY NOW and send us:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
- Any links or PDF examples of your journalistic output, to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
We look forward to hearing from you.
CLOSING DATE: 07 August 2021