PA Media, Production Editor (fixed term contract)
PA Media is looking for a talented sub editor to work across its wire and digital content.
- Ensuring high standards are maintained across PA’s wire and digital services
- Fast, accurate and fair subbing
- Imaginative production and enhancement of digital content
- Creating compelling headlines
- Liaising with news, video and social media desks
- Identifying technical problems and taking action to resolve issues
- Handling breaking news
- Creating articles which increase dwell time for customers
- Supporting the Senior Production Editor leading the shift
- Identifying trending digital stories
- Confident knowledge of media law, in particular the law in Scotland
- Excellent subbing skills
- News and social media obsessive
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility as the news agenda demands
- Wide knowledge across UK and foreign news, culture, finance, and showbiz
- Ability to work varied shifts
- Complete understanding of the difference between digital and print content
- Ability to work alone and take quick and effective publishing decisions
- Experience in digital publishing
- Experience working in a national newsroom
What you can expect in return …
In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive basic salary and the opportunity to work in an exciting industry. We recognise your contribution to our continued success with an attractive benefits package which includes a company pension scheme.
The role will be primarily based 100% remotely or can be carried out remotely or from our office in Howden, Yorkshire. This fixed-term contract will end on 31st December 2021.
This role involves working shifts covering from 6am to midnight, seven days a week
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. We will aim to update you on the status of your application as soon as possible and successful applicants will be invited to a MS Teams interview.