The role of the Due Diligence Research Editor is to research and write high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publicly-available sources and proprietary databases. The Research Editor is also required to collaborate with other Research Editors in the DD team and the wider Data Strategy research team when necessary, and ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
The Research Editor works closely with the other members of the Due Diligence team (Quality Analysts and Managers) and their fellow researchers to ensure that the reports and any other projects meet client requirements in terms of accuracy and timeliness by following Dow Jones quality standards. They will also contribute to the creation, maintenance and testing of guidelines, data and tools that will support the team to produce the highest quality data possible, and may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in English AND in at least one of the following: Portuguese, Nordic languages, Chinese, Russian, or Arabic. Fluency in other languages is a plus
- Excellent English writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
- Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence is a significant advantage
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs and politics; specialist legal, business or financial knowledge an advantage
- Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information. Ability to handle large volumes of information. Prior experience in research is an advantage. Knowledge and understanding of public records desirable
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Excellent organisation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word
- Team player with a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work, willingness to accept feedback and take ownership of tasks and issues and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion, ability to adapt readily to changing requirements
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its clients
- Ideally educated to degree level
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 25490