The Sun, YouTube Video Producer
We are: News UK & Ireland is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times and radio stations under the Wireless Group umbrella, including; FM104, Cork 96, LMFM, U105.8 and many more . As well as global ad tech business Unruly and social intelligence agency Storyful .
The team: The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sports, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family values.
The role: We are looking for a passionate and driven editor to create and curate video content for the Sun's YouTube channel.politics. Your day-to-day duties will include everything from sourcing, editing and scripting video for the platform in a fast paced environment. There will also be an opportunity to create YouTube original content too.
A deep understanding of YouTube - what works and what doesn’t - is essential. Experience curating and managing a YouTube channel is preferred. An interest in politics is preferred.
Day to day you will:
• Produce, present and edit videos on a daily basis for the Sun's YouTube channel, with a focus on politics
• Scripting experience for explainers
• Work to strict deadlines with high output expectations
• Passionate and driven individual who can act as a team player
• Remain calm under pressure and deliver work at a consistently high standard
• Self- starter, organised an effective problem solver
• Bursting with new ideas and ways to tell a story
What we’re looking for from you:
• Presenting and producing
• Ability to script explainer and SEO packages
• Expert level Premier skills
• Graphics expertise is preferable
• Proven ability to work under pressure in breaking news situations
• Deep understanding of YouTube
• Experience covering politics
• Ability to shoot and edit
• Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
• Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
• Positive attitude and good team player
• Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
• Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.