The Sun, Viral Video Producer
We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Your role: We are looking for a passionate and driven viral video producer to find content that our competitors haven’t found yet. You’ll scour the web – from Twitter to Facebook, YouTube to Reddit to get video first for the Sun. The producer will be responsible for clearing everything from viral clips to breaking news.
Day to day you will:
• Trawl the internet to find engaging videos that our competitors haven’t seen
• Work on clearing content
• Strong knowledge of old viral videos
• Verifying footage from breaking news situation and using editorial judgement
• Work to strict deadlines
• Knowledge around copyright law
• Experience dealing with video agencies
• Participate in daily and weekly news conferences to pitch videos
• Write articles around the video when necessary
What we’re looking at from you:
• Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
• Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
• Positive attitude and good team player
• Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
• Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
• Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
• Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
• Newsroom experience
• Video editing and shooting is also preferable
• Strong writing skills
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.