BikePerfect Online, Editor
The Editor is accountable for the end-to-end editorial of BikePerfect, ensuring content is competitive and prioritised according to business value and strategic goals.
The editor will have an expert understanding of the audience and which categories deliver the most revenue, and develop them further. You will also find new editorial opportunities for the brand site.
You will work closely with other teams, such as commercial and audience, to ensure issues are dealt with and opportunities taken. As such, you will have a full understanding of current performance, KPIs and strategy by function and risks and opportunities. In addition, the Online Editor is responsible for ensuring excellent communication with the commercial teams and attending client meetings when required.
The Editor will contribute to online content budget planning as well as ensuring editorial processes such as the Content Planner and monthly Channel Activity Reports are delivered to the business. You will be accountable for all online contributor spend.
You will hold regular 1-2-1s with direct reports and help develop your team. You will ensure they understand, and are aligned with, brand and corporate strategies.
Your team will also be responsible for all product deals, buying guides, reviews and product news across the website (dependent on strategy), designed to maximise ecommerce and advertising revenues. You will regularly review progress against targets, responding to new opportunities, making improvements to existing content, and addressing declines and issues as appropriate.
You’ll need fantastic organisational and people-management skills, an ability to think strategically, and report analytically, and the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment.
You will understand audience targets, and with the content director and brand director, be able to deliver against budgeted sessions, Unique users and other key metrics deliverable through the global content strategy.
Key role responsibilities
- Planning and commissioning content as per the content plan and overall strategy
- Ensuring all content has an audience strategy at its heart
- Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or ecommerce opportunities.
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
- Reporting against content and audience KPIs set by the business
- Proven content team leader
- Excellent online brand development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven at detailed, useful analysis
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time-management
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
We’ve got an ambitious plan for 2021 that will build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities. We’re calling it Future 3.0 and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers