Express.co.uk, Freelance TV and Showbiz Reporters
7 days left
- Not Specified
Express.co.uk is looking to recruit reporters to join our TV and Showbiz teams! We are looking for dynamic reporters who know their mainstream British television shows inside out and are up to date with all things celebrity. You will be full of ideas and be ahead of the curve in terms of pop culture.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a trained digital journalist, with knowledge of SEO and social media, to join a fast-paced online newsroom.
- Generate and cover day-to-day TV and Celeb news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site’s most-searchable stories.
- Show an understanding of the websites and ensure a steady flow of content around these names.
- Use your PR contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site.
- Push content via Facebook and Twitter, in accordance with the digital social media policy.
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy.
- Able to react quickly to breaking news stories.
- Wherever possible, identify unique headlines and angles for stories covered elsewhere to make content more searchable.
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style.
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of competitors.
- Monitor Twitter for content.
Key skills and experience:
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan and develop relationships with PRs.
- Experienced digital journalist with familiarity with CMS, Photoshop and Google Analytics.
- Professional understanding of journalism law.
- Attention to detail and developments in the TV/showbiz world
- Able to work shifts based on 5 days out of 7 between 7am-3pm/ 3pm-11pm
If you're interested, please click APPLY NOW and send your CV and a covering letter including your availability to Jessica Earnshaw.