WSJ. Magazine is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Digital Designer to help brainstorm, design and execute innovative multi-platform digital assets and experiences. The magazine's content takes many forms-reported articles, documentary videos, animations, photo essays, social media, merchandise, events and brand partnerships. As the Digital Designer you should be comfortable taking projects from creative brief to completion while working closely with the Creative Director and Design Director.
You will work as part of a close-knit team designing and producing a variety of materials for the digital realm. We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team!
While you may start this job remotely, you will be based in our New York office. You will report to the Design Director of WSJ. Magazine.
- Design excellent digital assets under the WSJ. Magazine brand
- Translate complex conceptual and strategic ideas into graphic design solutions
- Design ambitiously, with a command of typography, composition, messaging hierarchy, and balance
- Oversee digital story builds and creative strategy
- Create custom artwork for digital stories, graphic assets for video, digitally focused assets for events and marketing
- Optimize digital translations of the print magazine for web and social
- Work with internal and outside collaborators (photo editors, digital editors, project managers, events teams, developers and video editors) to optimize the burgeoning digital experience at WSJ. Magazine.
- 3-4 years experience working within advertising agencies, creative studios, or media organizations with an emphasis on digital
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere) as well as Google Drive and Docs.
- A strong understanding and general skills around motion graphics and video.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, frontend design styling, and using a CMS system.
- Understanding of UX, UI and Responsive Design trends as well as social best practices.
- Passion for creating compelling user experiences, telling stories online in innovative ways, and a desire to constantly push the creative envelope while working within the framework of an established brand.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26402