Pinknews, Senior Producer
PinkNews is the publication for the global Gen Z audience and those who think like Gen Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, app and socials.
As we continue to grow and diversify our content output we are seeking a Senior Producer to join our award winning production and video social team. The Senior Producer will work as part of the production team who have responsibility for video output across PinkNews’ owned and operated platforms and social channels including, but not limited to, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and YouTube.
The ideal candidate will be a social native and experienced video editor with a keen eye for a story who can work collaboratively across the production team to ensure we are continually producing exciting and engaging video, social, commercial and editorial content.
You will have a strong understanding of the creative process from ideation to delivery. You will be a self-starter and have bags of creative flair and enthusiasm for what we do. Not only will you have the latest video software skills but you will be adept at writing a script, sourcing content to create a narrative and turning it into a social-first and engaging video.
As PinkNews grows and our reach expands, so must our content. Tens of millions of users engage with us every month and our Senior Producers play a fundamental role in creating new and engaging content for our diverse and global audience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Pitch, script, edit and produce original and assigned video content for all of PinkNews platforms
- Create data-driven content based on an in-depth understanding of analytics
- Have a thorough understanding of user generated and archive content, gathering footage and editing
- Continually work to innovate and improve PinkNews video output
- Ensure content is in line with PinkNews brand and tone of voice
- Ensure content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Keen news sense and interest in Gen Z and pop culture
- Understanding of PinkNews’ platforms
- In-depth understanding of how online video works
- Creative approach to visual storytelling
Skills and experience
- Relevant university degree/ qualification or equivalent experience working in social media, video production or other relevant field
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop skills, desirable
- Adobe After Effects skills, desirable
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Experience of line producing/ overseeing junior team members
- Excellent communication, grammar skills and attention to detail
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, supportive and social (albeit currently remote!) team environment
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work