Daily Star, Podcast Reporter
If you pride yourself on your news sense and keen ear for the little details that make the best headlines, the Daily Star might have the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for a specialist News Reporter to join our digital team, focusing on extracting lines for stories from podcasts. The successful candidate won’t just identify the podcasts with the most potential - they’ll listen to them and turn the best quotes, accounts and opinions into engaging stories.
The role will cover just about anything and everything, as long as it’s of interest to our readers. Royals, Playboy Bunnies, ghost hunters and gangsters - nothing is off limits.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Identify podcasts featuring topics and people that are of interest to Star readers
- Listen to and extract lines from podcasts for on-brand stories
- Write engaging copy and punchy, clickable headlines
- Be across the podcasts schedule, planning your own hours around it
- Experiment with new podcasts to grow the Star’s digital audience.
- Astute news sense and ability to pick the ‘nugget’ out of interviews and commentary
- Ability to pick out the best quotes to form a concise, punchy story
- Versatile, open-minded and comfortable writing for different sections
- Experience of working in a reporting role for a regional or national publication or agency
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Homeworking flexibility
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.