Daily Star, Showbiz/TV Feature Writer
Star Showbiz is recruiting a Showbiz/TV Feature Writer to join their team. This role is an amazing opportunity for a writer who can produce engaging features on a variety of showbiz and TV topics. This will be a predominantly home based role with occasional time in the London office.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- To write clear and accurate showbiz copy at speed
- Deliver engaging features on a variety of showbiz and TV topics
- Target the big showbiz stories of the day and get more out of them with features
- To work a variety of shifts, understanding the fluid nature of journalism
- To target search and social audiences and deliver stories keeping with the Star brand
- To use and grow your contacts book to bring in the best exclusives and interviews
- To cover and attend the big celebrity events, bringing back with you exclusive stories
- To understand what a ‘Star story’ is, what works for us and why
- A passion and knowledge for Showbiz
- A willingness to go the extra mile
- Self starter - able to come up with new ideas every day
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Homeworking flexibility
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.