Future plc, Editor-in-Chief - Personal Finance
About the Team
Future plc is one of the world’s leading modern media companies. We’re 2,300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to more than 390 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’re the name behind content that connects people to their passions in technology, gaming & entertainment, home interest, women’s lifestyle, music, creative & photography, hobbies and knowledge, all supported by our innovative tech stack.
Your Role Made Simple:
You will be responsible for all content delivery in our new personal finance channel
You will be responsible for creating a new audience of scale in the personal and household finance sector for Future across our various platforms. Your task is to deliver high quality content that builds audiences and revenues. In partnership with the Managing Director, you will develop the content strategy and ensure all content is delivered to that strategy within budget and to deadline. Your key purpose is to build personal and household finance content on our existing sites as well as to manage the development of new sites. You will ensure the growth of personal finance and related content across existing Future sites and new launches. You will work closely with external and internal stakeholders, such as commercial and marketing teams.
- The production of market-leading personal and household finance content at scale
- Co-ordinating a cross-platform content plan for personal finance at Future, and reporting on its results regularly.
- Ensure the creation of a network audience across our existing sites, liaising with MDs of other verticals to maximise the opportunity on their relevant platforms.
- Working with editors to ensure they receive content of sufficient quantity and quality for your requirements
- Manage the personal finance content team and be responsible for their content
- Ensuring all content on your platforms is compliant with regulatory requirements and liaise with in-house teams to build best practice
- Ensure all content meets exceptional SEO standards
- Build audiences in the personal and household finance sector by a rigorous approach to data, and show how it influences your content strategy
- Build long term audience through rankings success while at the same time delivering short-order news content
- Building out our emerging brands through managing social, newsletters, video content delivery
- Foster and embed best practice processes around SEO, content management and production within the Future framework
- A proven knowledge of and experience in the personal and household finance media sector
- First-rate SEO expertise and be able to evidence growth produced from previous employment
- An excellent digital content creator
- Relentless approach to delivery. You’ll be totally on top of the numbers and see the early trends before anyone else.
- Exceptional editing skills which come from a clear understanding of the audience
- Strong people management skills - as we build a new team around you, we need you to build a culture, instill processes, and clarify expectations
- A ruthless approach to success - you’ll be able to combine coming up with transformative ideas with a determined approach to ensure they are delivered
- A great communicator – both with the industry and the wider Future team, as you will be fronting up for our brands through PR activities
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.