The National, Multimedia Producer
The Multimedia Producer is responsible for creating videos and audio output / stories for our audience.
- Multimedia Producer is responsible for recording and editing multimedia projects quickly, accurately and to the highest journalistic standards.
- Willingness to work as part of a team alongside dedicated homepage specialists and reporting staff that operates late shifts and at weekends.
- Reviews raw footage coming in from news agencies and prepares edits as required by section heads and online editors.
- Prepares edits for social media video.
- Responds quickly to breaking news.
- Creative remit to generate original, Middle East relevant content.
- Active participant in newsroom to maximise audience reach.
- Continuously advocates for multimedia projects within the context of editorial proposals, especially in light of The National's digital focus.
- Works with Multimedia Editor to build and improve storytelling and technical skills.
- Ability to speak and read Arabic to produce content that enhances The National's digital presence and outreach is desirable but not essential.
- Respects the editorial guidelines of The National, avoiding circumstances in which the brand could be brought into disrepute.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premier Pro.
- Proficiency with video cameras, lighting, audio equipment.
- Working experience in Photoshop and Brightcove.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and Java script.
- Previous experiences in the same function within a large or fast-paced set-up.
- Experience of reading analytics and applying data to digital platforms.
- Flexibility to travel and work shift patterns.
- Experience of working in online news.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Please note this role will be based in London, will involve working shifts, and the successful candidate must already have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date is August 12th.
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.