Inside Housing, News Reporter
Trade magazine Inside Housing is looking to hire a reporter to join its award-winning editorial team.
This is an opportunity for you to develop your reporting career. The job will give you the chance to work in one of the most important and busiest fields in journalism, reporting on stories that have wide-reaching big impact. The vacancy will be for a general reporter role covering a number of areas, along with a range of topics such as welfare, the ongoing fallout from the Grenfell Tower disaster and government efforts to solve the housing crisis across the UK. The role is also likely to involve getting to grips with social housing finance and the business side of the sector.
You’ll work as part of the reporting team on Inside Housing to deliver exclusive stories and information to our readers. Your role will include:
- Writing exclusive off-diary news stories across the magazine and the website;
- Contributing ideas for and writing features and news analysis;
- Carrying out investigations for news and features
- Contributing to regular podcasts
The job is the ideal opportunity for someone starting out in journalism, or looking to expand their career by working on a high-profile B2B title. Over the years Inside Housing has established itself as an authority on housing and our stories have regularly cut through to the national media. You will share our passion for delivering high-quality content, working with the rest of the Inside Housing team to break the stories and carry out the investigations that matter to our audience.
Inside Housing is part of Ocean Media Group, which is committed to offering:
- Season ticket loans
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym memberships
- Optional health care scheme
- Annual Christmas and summer parties
- An additional day’s annual leave to be taken for birthdays
- Development and training
- Social commitments and people perks
- Bike2Work scheme
Salary starts at £24,500 (d.o.e)
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and covering letter.