Hearst UK, Art Editor (Maternity Cover)
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Art Editor (maternity cover) to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Men’s Health, Cosmopolitan, Women’s Health and Runner’s World. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
You will assist the Creative Director in implementing the Four separate creative visions for Men’s Health, Cosmopolitan, Women’s Health and Runner’s World. They will be responsible for working on design and visuals across all Hearst Wellness platforms..
- To support the Group Creative Directors and Art Director to maintain the quality of work across Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Cosmopolitan.
- To design pages, plus digital, marketing and events assets, to suit the style of each brand, maintaining their identity as outlined by the CD
- To work closely with the Production Editor and Art Director to ensure that all deadlines are met a smooth workflow is followed
- Responsible for helping balance responsibilities and work/creative load with other Art Editors
- To help manage, mentor and nurture the hub designers.
- Support the Art Hub in the design and layouts of all pages
- Supporting the Art Director and deputising/covering for in his/her absence.
- To attend regular meetings and assist the Creative Director and Art Director with concept creation and visual ideation as instructed
- Attend shoots and commission illustrators as instructed
- To work with the digital team to help create web assets in keeping with brand style
- Under the direction of the Creative Director and Art Director, oversee junior designers and freelance designers
- Take direction from members of the senior editorial team in the absence of the senior members of the Art hub
- To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Proven experience working as Art Editor across print and digital
- A strong visual and creative eye, with the ability to translate ideas to the page or screen
- A talent for leadership and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to multi-task and juggle various shoots / projects.
- Ability to remain calm and positive under pressure.
- Expert in Adobe applications (InDesign, Photoshop etc). Censhare experience desirable
- Deadline focussed and supremely organised.