Reach plc, Social Video Editor
Got a nose for a story and always know what's trending on Twitter? This job could be for you. If you know your TikTok from your Insta Stories this is the chance for you to spread your wings and join an award-winning social team at Reach Nationals, working across our iconic national titles which includes Mirror, Express & Star and our celebrity magazine OK!.
We are looking for a brilliant Social Video Editor to join our London-based editorial team to find the best stories and drive social traffic in creative ways. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for sourcing and producing great video content which will perform well on our social platforms by engaging and increasing our audience.
Working closely with the Group Head of Social you will need to be flexible and able to react quickly, as well as have a very strong news sense.
This is a fantastic role working within one of the UK's busiest news groups, and one which will offer the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop and build on their skill and industry knowledge.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Source content that will drive engagement across our social platforms
- Find and pitch videos using analytics and tools to tell you what's already trending, as well as finding the next big stories yourself
- Edit and post videos on our social pages
- Come up with new creative ways to drive engagement and grow our audiences
- Forward plan social media content and coverage
- Respond to live events and breaking news on social media
- Maintaining brand safety guidelines across all content
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- Work in team managing Reach PLC's social media feeds and messages
- Help to ensure Reach PLC content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Assist with product testing of new social media developments
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- An excellent communicator who is able to sell stories with flair, passion and skill
- Attention to detail so you can edit and produce accurately under pressure
- A confident writer who is able to write clear and concise captions to accompany videos
- An understanding of how to optimise video to make it engaging on social media
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.