Reach plc, Picture Researcher
It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for Picture Reseacher to join us, working in our Picture Hub supporting our national and regional titles which include Mirror, Express, Star, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, My London, BirminghamLive and Wales Online .
Our Picture Researchers will assist the Head of Reach Photographic to enhance the quality of the images for all titles. They will work closely with the Head of Reach Photographic, Brand Picture Editors and Picture Assistants/Researchers to ensure effective image sharing where appropriate, and to ensure news/features/showbiz images are multi-platform, where necessary. .
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- To source and edit the relevant images for News, Showbiz and Features stories.
- To keep up to date with all things celebrity via newspapers, websites and magazines;
- To work closely with colleagues in the Picture Hub and across other departments;
- Liaising with photo agencies to secure images;
- To help maintain clear brand identities for All titles and to keep images relevant to the reader;
- To embrace innovation, challenge existing ways of working and be pro-active in helping to move the Picture Hub forward;
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- Good understanding of image usage rights when obtaining images from social media and the internet;
- Sound knowledge of CHP, Photoshop, Cue, Contentwatch and photomechanic;
- Must be proactive in creating and producing visual news and feature ideas;
- Ability to produce photo research to tight deadlines without supervision;
- Strong communication to ensure an environment of creative collaboration;
- Confidence interacting with picture agencies and photographers;
- Strong understanding of copyright, content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets;
- A thorough understanding of transferring, storing and managing image files in various formats is absolutely essential;
- Be up-to-date with the IPSO code.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.