Food Manufacture, Senior Digital Features Writer (Part Time)
2 days left
- Part Time
Are you an experienced online features writer looking for a part-time permanent role with the freedom to work remotely most of the time?
Food Manufacture, the market leading B2B pure-play digital content provider covering UK food and drink processing is seeking someone who can dig beneath the headlines to deliver thought-provoking insight and analysis. You’ll be able to get your teeth into developments in the UK’s biggest manufacturing industry. You’ll cover high-profile issues such as alternative proteins, the use of advanced tech such as AI and VR in food production and the continued impact of Brexit and COVID-19 on the supply chain. You’ll be comfortable turning scientific or technical issues into clear, readable topics when necessary. You’ll also know how to make the most of CMS, images, video, podcasts and infographics to keep readers engaged and make articles stand out for SEO purposes. In return, you’ll be part of a thriving media business with ample opportunity to spread your wings, develop your talents and advance your career.
This role is a part time position working 21 hours (3 days) per week.
- Identifying strong feature topics
- Planning and executing features in a timely manner
- Making features engaging for our core audience by incorporating multimedia elements such as data, imagery, video or audio where relevant
- Informing the wider digital content plan by feeding in topics that emerge out of interviews for features
- Conducting face to face interviews
- Representing the brand and attending relevant events
- Collaborate with other WR brands as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Already be an experienced features writer, preferably for a B2B audience
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Understand how to make web copy stand out and be SEO-optimised;
- Be well-organised
- Have an engaging and readable writing style
- Be comfortable making technical or scientific information easy to read and be able to convey complex ideas clearly and simply
- Be comfortable dealing with data
- Be able to turn around occasional news stories quickly and accurately
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 15 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays (pro rata’d for part time position)
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
We’re all working remotely right now, but there’s scope for flexible working arrangements to continue. The head office is based near Crawley, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 mins from Gatwick and its connections to London and the world.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please click APPLY NOW and send us:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
- Any links or PDF examples of your journalistic output, to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
We look forward to hearing from you.
CLOSING DATE: 27th July 2021