Daily Star, Technology Reporter
Technology Reporter (Daily Star)
Competitive + company benefits
The Daily Star is looking to add an outstanding Tech Reporter to its growing ranks. A completely new role, it will provide somebody with an exciting opportunity to help grow our digital audience. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of News (Digital), but will often work autonomously, relying on their own specialist knowledge to tell our readers what they need to know about the latest developments in the world of tech, in language they understand.
If you're an expert on Apple and an authority on Android, you might be the person for us. The job will cover everything from gadgets and apps to astonishing advancements in artificial intelligence and Elon Musk's latest madcap schemes. Primarily a digital role, your stories may well appear in the paper too. This is a brilliant and unique chance to bring something new to the Daily Star party and shape our tech coverage.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Cover the latest tech news, always channeling the Daily Star voice
- Deliver a mix of breaking news, updates and features on a wide range of tech topics
- Manage an effective diary, adapting working hours to cover big events
- Provide lively, easy-to-understand and relatable content that adds to the homepage
- Target search, social and referrers with on-brand content
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- Specialist knowledge of tech and industry developments is essential
Contacts in the tech industry
- Understanding of the Daily Star brand and ability to channel our voice
- Flair for writing clickable, punchy and informative headlines
- Knowledge of SEO, social media and analytics tools
- Brimming with ideas and enthusiasm
- Thrives in a fast paced, high pressure environment
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.