The Mirror, News Reporter - North West
News Reporter - North West (Mirror)
Competitive + company benefits
The Mirror is looking for an outstanding News Reporter based in the North West to work 'cross-platform' in our award-winning team.
You'll need plenty of newsroom experience - print and digital - and a track record of working on big stories that drive big digital numbers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting a real challenge to join a dynamic team at the top of it's game.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- To generate and cover day-to-day news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site's most searchable stories and the Mirror's best brand stories.
- To write clear and accurate news copy at speed.
- To show an understanding of the websites' key content and ensure a steady flow of copy around these topics.
- To use your PR and other contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site.
- To ensure all submitted copy is free from typos and factual errors and that any possible legal concerns are flagged
- To produce regular 'exclusive' content that sets us apart from the rest of the competition
- To show an understanding of UK and world news and politics
- To display an understanding and knowledge of the North West patch and willingness to seek out the best stories from the patch.
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan, develop relationships with PRs
- Have proven record in web traffic growth within a newsroom
- Experience in use of SEO and optimisation strategies for a digital publisher
- Hold expert knowledge across the world of celebrity - keeping up with the latest breaking news round the clock
- Be able to handle a fast-moving environment, where speed is paramount, to react quickly to stories
- Experienced digital journalist with familiarity with CMS, Photoshop, Google Analytics.
- Full UK driving licence, access to a car
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employee's a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.