Daily Express, City & Finance Reporter
City & Finance Reporter (Daily Express)
Competitive plus Company Benefits
It's a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Express.co.uk, the website of the Daily and Sunday Express, is one of the world's Top 10 English language news sites with more than 100 million monthly users and is growing fast. Now we're expanding our City & Business coverage and we're looking for an experienced finance writer to join our dynamic digital team.
If you live and breathe finance, from global economics and currencies to the latest business and company news, this could be the opportunity for you. The successful candidate will help shape our financial coverage and be responsible for bringing City news to life, delivering compelling, high-quality, original content, driving audience numbers and delivering higher engagement and loyalty.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this, the role may close without notice, so please don't delay your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Write distinctive and engaging financial commentary and analysis for Express.co.uk.
- Be a self-starter and pitch strong ideas for finance across print and digital.
- Have a strong knowledge of social media and an ability to use it to increase our readership.
- Ability to generate new exclusive ideas for the finance department.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable interest in economics, from the latest GDP figures and the gold price to stock market movements and business news, currency fluctuations and the commodities exchanges - a real passion for finance and turning raw data and dry financial information into stories that matter to ordinary people
- Experience in digital and a commitment to growing our digital audience.
- Knowledge and experience of SEO.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Able to compile a news list containing engaging city and finance stories on a daily basis.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.