Express Online, Health Reporter
Health Reporter (Express Online)
Competitive + company benefits
The reporting of health news over the last year has been more important than ever - the fast spread of coronavirus means we've had to react quickly to get the right information out there fast. The pandemic has also drawn attention to other important aspects of health. To keep up with this growing demand for information across a range of health issues and conditions, we're now looking to expand the Express Health team.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Writing circa six articles a day
- Providing exclusive content for publication - e.g. interviewing experts and celebrities
- Creating good images for stories using Photoshop
- Promoting stories on the site's social media
- Using analytics programmes, such as Google Analytics, to monitor the progress of stories
- Suggesting new and fresh ideas for what could work well for the
- Health section on a regular basis
Who are we looking for?
- Good communication and interviewing skills
- Ability to write fast and accurate copy
- SEO knowledge
- A great list of contacts
- Newsroom experience
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.